Hitting the high seas this weekend? Sailing is a classic summer activity, with a style legacy all its own, and cruise parties have become a staple of weekend life on both coasts. Joining friends for an afternoon of surf and sun? Resist the urge to shout "I'm on a boat!" (ok, do it anyway, it's fun), slather on some SPF, and pack stitch fix's absolute musts for a day of fool-proof style!
- A bateau stripe shirt is both nautical AND chic, while a windbreaker provides necessary waterproof coverage for any seafaring fashionista. Hate the practicality of a windbreaker? You'll thank us after your first encounter with spray. And you never know how chilly it might get on the water!
- Try aviator sunglasses-- it's a classic look that will also help combat the sun's glare.
- White capri pants, or shorts, provide an effortless summer look.
- Boat shoes in a bright color bring a preppy edge to your look and, as their name would suggest, are highly appropriate for the situation at hand. Pack a pair of flip-flops, too, but boat shoes are the easiest for "roughing it" on a boat.
- Easy way to finish your outfit without worrying about losing jewelry? A mani/pedi in a summery color. We love orange nails, but red and pink are also classic favorites.
Tell us: what are your must-haves for a sailing trip? Show-and-tell by uploading photos of you in your latest Stitch Fix gear to Facebook or Twitter!