not so entertaining? the realization that most of us had dressed totally inappropriately for the event. san francisco natives katrina and emily got it right in giants' gear and shorts; the rest of us were suddenly fashion victims, having dressed under erroneous expectations regarding san francisco's usually cool weather and the navigability of bleachers in heels (it can't be that different from climbing san francisco's hills, right? not so much). personally, i found myself sweating through a pair of thick black leggings and boots, while still managing to get sunburned!
with this experience now behind us, we have a much better idea of what to wear to our next sporting event. planning on taking an afternoon off for america's favorite pastime? make sure you have rack habit's must-haves for attending a baseball game!
- break out your favorite pair of denim shorts-- a summer baseball game is the perfect opportunity to wear this classic!
- a baseball cap corners the market on easiest way to show team spirit while providing coverage from the sun.
- stay cool in a breezy top! keep your look on trend by choosing stripes or, if you're daring, a crop!
- converse scream all-american, just like baseball, and they make trolling the stadium for garlic fries a walk in the park.
- accessorize with cute friendship-style bracelets in your team's colors.
other essentials include sunscreen and an anti-bacterial gel like purell (always!!), as well as plenty of cash for ice cream!
tell us in the comments: what do you wear to stay stylish AND comfortable at summer sporting events? have you worn rack habit to a baseball game? show-and-tell with a photo upload to facebook or twitter.